The highly anticipated Season 2 of One Day at a Time premiere this past weekend, and not only was it filled with laughter and lots of tears, but it had some really fabulous moments for Elena, the openly gay daughter of the Alvarez family. Last season Elena dealt with ups and downs of coming out, including a painful rejection by her father. This season, Elena really blossomed and started her life as an awkward queer teen, just like the rest of us did! Season 2 was full of wonderful moments, but we’re here to let the show’s queerness shine, so here are some of the triumphs and best moments of the season. Needless to say, this has spoilers, so stop reading if you haven’t caught up yet.
1. Elena meets someone just as adorkable as her.
2. Abuelita being the best wing woman.
3. New character Syd is non-binary and explains their pronouns…and everyone respects and uses them!
4. Elena rocks a suit at homecoming.
5. Elena and Syd kiss and it’s magical…and in middle of a police lockdown.
What were your favorite moments?