Greetings and salutations, it’s Friday!
1. We get a first look at Tell it to the Bees which is premiering at TIFF. The 1950s period piece based on the novel by Fiona Shaw, stars Anna Paquin as a small town doctor who falls in love with a single mother, played by Holliday Grainger.
2. The Favourite full length trailer is here and very queer. In the early 1700s, Lady Sarah (Rachel Weisz) and Abigail (Emma Stone) vie for the attention and affections of the Queen Anne (Olivia Colman) and ultimately, control of the kingdom. The Favourite opens November 23rd.
3. A lesbian couple goes big-time pride with their home. After receiving slurs and harassment from their neighbors, lesbian couple Lisa Licata and Sherry Lau have responded in a big way: by paining the side of the house with rainbow colors, with plans to continue it throughout the house.
4. India decriminalizes homosexuality. In a huge victory, the Indian courts have rules that gay and lesbian sex is no longer a criminal act, as it had been considered since the colonial-era. However this goes far beyond just the physical, and the ruling is a huge step in acknowledging the LGBTQ community and their rights in the country.
— ClexaCon (@ClexaCon) September 6, 2018
5. ClexaCon begins rolling out 2019’s guest announcements. It might be more than six months away, but ClexaCon 2019 has begun annoucing their guest line-up and ramping up excitement for the con. So far the con for queer women and their friends have announced the return of One Day at a Time‘s Isabella Gomez and Arrow’s Katrina Law.