Happy Friday, y’all. Grab an iced coffee and check out these good and gay things!
1. Orange. Is. Back. After waiting for over a year to find out what happened to our beloved Litchfield inmates, Netflix’s Orange is the New Black is back and ready for your weekend binge-watching session. Don’t forget to stay hydrated!
2. K-stew is an angel. It’s official. Out actress Kristen Stewart will be one of the three iconic angels in the Elizabeth Banks directed Charlie’s Angles reboot. Stewart joins Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska as one of the butt-kicking super-agents. Look for the film in fall 2019.
3. Taylor Swift surprised fans with a Hayley Kiyoko duet. T-Swizzle brought the physical embodiment of 20Gayteen, Hayley Kiyoko, on stage at her concert in Boston Thursday night. To say concert-goers lost it when the two sang “Curious” would be an understatement.
4. The Broadway musical Head Over Heels features a lesbian love story! Now that HoH is out of previews, reviews are pouring in, as well as details about the show’s plot. In addition to having Broadway’s first openly transgender lead to originate a role (Peppermint) the show features a romance between Pamela and her handmaiden, Mopsa. HoH takes place in the 16th century and uses the music of the Go-Gos. You can see it now at the Hudson Theatre.
5. Chelsea Handler will be guest starring as a power lesbian on the new season of Will and Grace. Handler will be joining the ranks of the Will and Grace guest star-palloza as Donna Zimmer, one of Grace’s clients who ends up falling for Grace’s sister Janet (played by Mary McCormack). Handler has been a huge LGBTQ ally so this is sure to be a fun storyline.