I thought last week had a lot of good and gay things, but this week is coming in even stronger.
1. Orange is the New Black‘s final season is nearly upon us. This week, Netflix releases a bittersweet promo for the final season of OITNB, with the actors singing the famous theme song while on set. Taylor Schilling, who plays Piper, also told Entertainment Weekly that much of her final season story revolves around Piper’s relationship with Alex now that Piper is out of prison. The series returns July 26th.
2. Gentleman Jack is getting a second season. Grab your top hats because the HBO/BBC show about Anne Lister is getting another season. We’ll get to see the relationship between Ann and Anne explored even more.
3. Non binary and out queer actor Kaitlyn Alexander guest stars on The Bold Type. Best known for their performance as LaFontaine in Carmilla, TV audiences got a chance to see Kaitlyn do their thing on this week’s The Bold Type as the former assistant of an abusive celeb photographer. Their character is also non-binary, as boss lady Jacqueline points out to character Jane early in the episode.
View this post on Instagram
4. Couple cosplaying as Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel got engaged at Motor City Comic Con. Congrats to Ashley Vansickle and Deanna Mascia, who got engaged this past weekend. The couple bonded over their love of superheroes and comic books.
5. VIDA is back. Have plans for your long weekend? Cancel them and watch the 2nd season of Vida on STARZ instead.