Happy Friday everyone!
- 1. Girls Like Magic is making a Season Two. Girls Like Magic is a super popular webseries created by Julia Eringer, and starring Eringer and Shantall Yasmine Abeydeera. The series is about two women, a lesbian musician from LA and a British straight woman who meet in their apartment complex. They become fast friends but quickly it’s clear there’s a lot more between them. Think Imagine Me and You in Silverlake, but with a lot more swearing and sexytimes. Right now the series is trying to raise funds for a new season, so check it out and give them a hand.
2. Chely Wright released a single from her upcoming album, Revival. Out gay country singer Chely Wright’s new EP comes out on May 10th and her’s a little taste of the first song, “Say the Word.”
3. We’re getting a queer teen rom-com from writer/director Alice Wu. Alice Wu is probably best known for her beloved 2004 lesbian romance, Saving Face. Netflix scooped up her new romcom, The Half of It, which according to The Hollywood Reporter, “portrays a smart, lonely Chinese American high school student who is hired by the school jock to write love letters to woo the girl they both secretly love. Leah Lewis, Alexxis Lemire and Daniel Diemer will star.
4. The Good Fight is getting a fourth season. This is a very good show…now if only they will give lesbian lawyer Maia (Rose Leslie) an actual storyline next year. Since Season One ended, Maia’s place in the show has become more and more unclear, and here’s hoping we get to see her find her footing again in a new season.
— Variety (@Variety) April 23, 2019
5. Tessa Thompson and Brie Larson were adorable together on the Avengers: Endgame red carpet. Red carpets are crowded and cutthroat, but I sure do miss them when I see awesome actors having genuine moments together like this sweet drive-by smooch Larson gives to Thompson.