It’s the first Friday of spring, so let’s make it count!
1. Lena Waithe graces the cover of Vanity Fair. This has certainly been the year of Lena Waithe and deservedly so. The out lesbian writer, actor and creator won an Emmy, debuted a new show, appeared in a major motion picture and much more. Now, she’s on the cover of Vanity Fair and pictured inside (with photos by Annie Leibovitz) cuddled up on the couch with her
Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon playing “Speak Out” is more than I can handle. pic.twitter.com/1fHPftx5Xn
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) March 21, 2018
2. Kate McKinnon and Mila Kunis play Speak Out with Ellen. This will put a smile on your face for sure. McKinnon and Kunis are on a press tour for their new comedy, The Spy Who Dumped Me, and stopped by Ellen’s show to play a little game. Hilarity ensued.
3. Professor Marston and the Wonder Woman is now on Hulu. After spending a couple weeks on VOD, this story based of the life of Wonder Woman creator Marston and the women who inspired him, is now available on the streaming service. Out lesbian director/writer Angela Robinson is at the helm of the film, and devotes much attention to the polyamorous relationship, especially the connection between Olive Byrne and Elizabeth Holloway Marston.
4. Winona Ryder, Elizabeth Olsen and a lot of ladies get their dance on for H&M. Clothier H&M took a pleasant route to show off their spring line, and it involves a lot of women dancing together, including actresses Ryder and Olsen. I’d watch this movie.
5. A same-sex couple got married…at Walmart! Now Walmart might not be what you think of when you think same-sex marriage ceremony, but it was the perfect spot for couple Leida Torres and Chrissy Slonaker Torres. The two met at the Walmart in Pennsylvania and decided to tie the knot in the garden section under a canopy so that their friends who were working at the store could attend. That’s awfully adorable.
*Feature picture via Vanityfair.com