Happy Friday! This week we have some really good and gay things to share.
1. Brandie Carlile teamed up with Elizabeth Moss for an incredibly moving music video. When Brandie Carlile decided to make a video for her heart-wrenching song, “Party of One”, about the struggles that long-term couples go through, she only had one person in mind to star in it: Elizabeth Moss. Not only did Moss agree to star as one half of a same-sex couple going through a rough patch, but she also produced and creatively directed the feature. The result is purely cinematic.
2. Kate Moennig joined the very queer Casablanca reading led by Ellen Page. Earlier this week, The L Word and Ray Donovan star Moennig joined a mostly queer cast including Ellen Page, Kiersey Clemons, and Hannah Gadsby for a live reading of the classic film, Casablanca. Proceeds from the evening benefitted the Astraea Lesbian Foundation.
3. The Favourite continues to dominate awards season. The 18th century love-triangle/comedy/powerhouse film starring Olivia Colman, Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz picked up even more nods this week from the Screen Actors’ Guild.
4. Samira Wiley will be joining the Will and Grace revival for a guest appearance arc. Out actress Wiley who has been wowing audiences in The Handmaid’s Tale, will join the beloved comedy in its second season. According to The Hollywood Reporter, “Wiley will play Nikki, a cool and confident woman working in the same building as Karen Walker (Megan Mullally). When the pair get snowed in at the office, Nikki gets the newly divorced Karen to open up about her love life.”
5. Pro-golfer Melissa “Mel” Reid has come out. Congrats to golfer Mel Reid who just recently came out as a lesbian in an interview with Athlete Ally. We’re glad to have you on our team, Mel!