Happy Holidays and happy Friday. We have a stocking full of goodies to share this week.
1. Tessa Thomspon slays in the Men in Black: International trailer. Out actress Thompson is slipping on the signature black suit and tie and teaming up with Emma Thompson, Liam Neeson and Chris Hemsworth for the reboot of the 90s alien filled Men in Black. She even gets a little flirty with Emma Thompson, who appears to be in charge of MiB. Sign us up!
— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 14, 2018
2. Lily James and Alicia Vikander will play a couple getting married in a Four Weddings and a Funeral short on Red Nose Day. Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day always goes way out, and this year they are paying homage to the beloved English comedy, Four Weddings and a Funeral. James will be playing original star Hugh Grant‘s daughter in this event for charity, and getting hitched to her fiancee, Alicia Vikander’s Faith. Original director, Emma Freud is back as well. Red Nose Day is March 15th.
3. Runaways is back on Hulu. The hit Marvel show about a group of teens with special powers, running away from their evil-ish parents is back for Season 2. The show really leans into the relationship between Karolina and Nico, which fans have been clamoring for.
4. Head over to Netflix to see Ellen do stand up for the first time in over a decade. Relatable is now playing on Netlix, and Ellen talks about how very different her life is now that she’s a mega-star. She doesn’t shy away from talking about being gay and brings it up quite a bit. Now it’s up for you to decide, is Ellen still Relatable?
5. Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan to play lovers in an upcoming period drama, Ammonite. The internet was abuzz this week when it was announced that Winslet would be playing famed paleontologist, Mary Anning, and Ronan, a wealthy Londoner who comes to visit and requires Anning’s help as a nursemaid. This age-gap romance begins filming in March and follows a year of unprecedented lesbian and queer women’s’ representation in film.