Happy Friday all! Can you believe it’s almost December? Whether that news thrills or chills you, here is some good and gay content. And in a surprising turn of events, 4 out of 5 are DC Comics related.
1. Ruby Rose shared some exclusive pics of Batwoman. Via Instagram last night, Rose shared some new images of the gay crusader during her Arrow-verse crossover debut. Gotta say, she’s looking pretty superhero-y.
2. The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree was provided by a lesbian couple. Shirley Figueroa and Lissette Gutierrez of the Hudson Valley area donated the massive spruce to Rockefeller Center this season, which was casually growing on their property. The 72-foot tree, nicknamed Shelby, is the first Rock Center tree to be donated by a lesbian couple, and also a Latinx couple.
3. Margot Robbie is down for a Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy matchup. Actress Robbie, who plays Harley Quinn in the DC-verse was recently asked about the upcoming female-focused Birds of Prey and she opened up about the fan-favorite pairing from the comics, of Harley and Poison Ivy. Robbie had this to say. “I’ve been trying to – I would love to have Poison Ivy thrown into the universe, because the Harley and Poison Ivy relationship is one of my favorite aspects of the comics, so I’m looking to explore that on screen.”
4. Legends of Tomorrow gave Avalance fans the swoons. LoT, which continues to be the most playful of the DC/CW shows, gave queer fans something special indeed this week. Sarah Lance (Caity Lotz) and Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan) got a very sexy (and sweet) scene, the likes of which are usually reserved for opposite-sex couples on the small screen. It was interrupted of course, but we’ll always have the gifs.
5. Grace Choi’s character and comic book collection get some love this week. Fans of Black Lightning have been thrilled that Grace and Anissa have finally found a way to each other this season. Grace is getting some great attention too with special scenes and now a fun, in-depth look at her on-screen comic book collection. ThunderGrace forever!