Happy Friday, everyone!
1. Ellen celebrated National Coming Out Day with a smooch. In honor of more than 20 years out, Ellen posted this sweet pic of her and wife Portia de Rossi on Instagram with the caption, “It’s the greatest gift you could give yourself.” Awww. And thank you Ellen for paving the way for so many.
2. Hayley Kiyoko adorably surprises some of her biggest fans. Into has been doing a fun video series with a trio of three older lesbians and how they react to current lesbian culture. The ladies fell in love with Hayley after seeing some of her videos and this week, she surprised them at a taping. It’s too cute.
View this post on Instagram
3. Sarah Paulson graces one of the covers of Elle’s Women in Hollywood issue. Elle Magazine’s yearly feature is set for November and there will be eight exciting covers featuring women who work in Hollywood, including Shonda Rhimes, Lady Gaga and of course, Paulson.
4. All American debuted this week on the CW and features a lesbian supporting character. All American is the story of a young football player who gets recruited to play for a high school in Beverly Hills. His best friend is a lesbian named Tamia “Coop” Cooper, played by rapper/actor Bre-Z, who also played Freda Gatz on Empire. Coop is part of James’ support system and she has her own story to share after James leaves their high school for BH. Bre-Z has been getting a lot of positive buzz for her role.
5. Janelle Monae joins Tessa Thompson in the live-action version of Lady and the Tramp. While Thompson will be starring as Lady, Monae will join the cast as the unforgettable singing pound dog, Peg. Two queer leading ladies voicing characters in a Disney film? Pretty awesome.