It’s a holiday week, so let’s make it a holigay week too. Here’s five good and gay things that happened this week,
1. Tegan and Sara will be the keynote speakers for the Lesbians Who Tech conference. Pop star twins Tegan and Sara will be featured at the ultra-cool conference that celebrates lesbian, bi, queer women and non-binary folks in the tech world. The 5th Annual Lesbians Who Tech + Allies Summit will be March 1-3rd, 2018 in San Fransisco, and is chock full of workshops, mentoring programs, networking, talks, and more.
2. An LGBTQ Disney princess? It’s a possibility! In a Huffintonpost interview, Moana directors Ron Clements and John Musker talked about their popular film and how having an LGBTQ princess in the future isn’t totally out of the realm of possibilities. “It seems like the possibilities are pretty open at this point,” said Clement. How cool would that be?
3. Viva Las Gaga. Lady Gaga has just announced that she will be doing a two year residency in Las Vegas, joining the ranks of other superstars like Celine Dion, Britney Spears, and Jennifer Lopez. You can expect to see bisexual chanteuse at the MGM Park Theater in late 2018.
4. A very good year for queer women in pop. Vice’s Noisey music channel highlighted some of the queer women who are killing it in pop this year, including St Vincent, Torres, Halsey, and more, and why that matters so much.
— Sara Ramirez (@SaraRamirez) December 21, 2017
5. Sara Ramirez gives us her #DayInLGBT…from bed. The Advocate kicked off the #DayInLGBT tag by inviting people to share their stories and bisexual actress and activist Sara Ramirez’s response takes the cake. She made a short video from bed while on vacation, and Twitter is still swooning.